sausage links

Thursday, October 21, 2010

ahhhh!

crims! i am so so so behind on life.

this is always (creatively) a bad time of year for me, because it is time for my anniversary, Halloween, trying to get Xmas presents done (ha!), and of course the Great End of Year Time Vampire (a.k.a. the Eloise Calendar).

needless to say i have forgone the personal costumes, or costumes for Elosie, to focus on Severin's. while i am sure Eloise is shedding no tears from her big googley eyes, i am disappointed. i am also annoyed by my inability to not LET THINGS GO, and obsess pointlessly over minute details of something a 15 month old doesnt give a toss about. but finallyfinallyFINALLY i finished it last night and i hope to take pictures tomorrow before he shreds it and it is a pile of felt and love.

Eloise Calendar, Year 4 is probably going to be a little scaled back. again, if i could let details go and stop being neurotic, things would go a lot more smoothly. last year was just the most horrible time in my life (from a creative standpoint), short of when i was a college student running the wardrobe for the school's play for minimum wage (an amusing tale where the moral is "dont believe flattery and ask questions ALWAYS"). i say "scaled back" but already i am laying in bed for hours at night planning things out so i doubt i have a hope in the world of it being as wonderful and stress-free as the first year. i cant tell if having a theme helps or not.

needless to say i am way way behind on journalling! this makes me really frustrated at myself and while i want to buckle down and have fun doing it, i dont see where i conceivibly have time. i will have to really focus this weekend to take some time for myself and not be sewing/hot gluing for everyone else.

xo
Bird

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bird!

    I already removed your photo. It's a shame, because I thought it a funny! I'm sorry, I thought it haveia problem and put the watermark for anyone to copy the image. I have no intention of giving me the photos by the author, if I wished it would have taken your watermark. Hope you're not upset! And check back often to my blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Vivian!

    i am not upset at all. you are very sweet to have respected my wishes, and it is very much appreciated! i hope i did not come off as angry in my comment, i was just frankly appalled by the amount of people using that photo of Eloise with no credit.

    please feel free to post any of my pictures with credits to my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdmadgrrl/sets/72157603342976941/

    again, you are a doll, and thank you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete