sausage links

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pinocchio...

when i was little, i was obsessed with Pinocchio. we were a big Disney family, so my first Pinocchio was Disney Pinocchio. i had a plastic jointed doll that i loved to death, and broke to pieces, yet was always miraculously healed for a few years. i found out later that my mom and dad had a desperate plea to anyone going to Disneyland to bring back Pinocchio dolls so they could change out parts!

then, when i was about 4, i was given a beautiful Italian Pinocchio, that was more traditional. he was made out of wood, but i cuddled the hell out of him.

so Pinocchio has always been something my mom and i hold very close, because it reminds both of us of each other and enjoying it together.

now the weirdness is this: the first thing Severin really recognized, was Pinocchio! he became entranced by my mother's coffee cup with Pinocchio on it, and it has gone downhill ever since. he gets nuts about him. we bought him a tshirt and he carries it around the house for ages. when it first started we were in complete denial. "maybe he wants to drink out of a cup???" "do you think he wants to know the name of the object?" it was just so eerie. PINOCCHIO IS IN MY FAMILY'S GENES.

after my recent trip to Disneyland, and shopping for (now hard to find) Pinocchio merchandise for Severin, my total love of Pinocchio has been renewed. Disney, traditional, whatever. i am actually reading the Collodi story now, which is just brilliant.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I just found your blog? I am still figuring out how to use Google reader instead of my regular RSS method in Mail. <---tarded. :P

    Anyway, I love this! Your parents are totally awesome...it's so sweet how they kept fixing your doll so that lil Bird never had to go without her friend. ♥ It makes my little black heart feel all warm! ^_^
    And Severin is something else! I just know that child is going to be some kind of amazing, world-changing genius when he grows up (or maybe even before he's done growing up!). ^^

    Pinocchio was one of the first Disney movies I saw, too. My mother used to sing "When you wish upon a star" to me when I was little, and I sang it to Devinn when she was little too! :) Sometimes just hearing that song makes me all emotional. ^^;

    xoxoxox
    ♥♥♥

    P.S.
    Do you mind if I link your blog from my website? Let me know. ^^

    ReplyDelete